Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hilton Head Golf in January

This is the first time I’ve golfed in January and it was a great day. I played the 18-hole round in about three hours and didn’t see another golfer until the 10th hole.

The club is called Port Royal Plantation and has three courses. The first one I played was Barony.

The fairways were a little brown and the grass seems to be a different type than the courses up north, but I really enjoyed myself.


barony 3

The tee boxes and greens were in great shape as you can see, in the photo below.

barony 4

The course is surrounded by beautiful trees and homes – a great setting.

Barony 2

There are lots of birds too, and for these guys, it seems to be feeding time.

Barony 1

As I said the views were great – here is another picture of the course, with its stately trees.

barony 5

The cost for a tee time after one PM is as follows
  • $38.00 for Cart fees; 
  • $1.00 for Green fees and 
  • $ 0.08 for Tax

That's a grand total of $39.08. All in all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment